quarta-feira, 24 de fevereiro de 2010

THE NEED TO SEE HIS GLORY

You may believe that a desire to live in a glorious dimension of the Spirit is a utopian ideal, just hollow mysticim or mere emotionalism. Nothing is more removed from reality! The desire to experience more of God is the greatest need of our lives. We were saved when we heard the gospel. We begin to see the glory of God reflected in Jesus Christ´s face as we receive spiritual light from the Holy Spirit.

God´s word reveals that contact with His glory puts us in touch with God himself. “For God, who said. Let light shine out of darkness, made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ (2Corinthians 4:6).

When we seek a close, intimate fellowship with God, when we are exposed to His Word, the Holy Spirit show us God´s face -His Glory- and we experience a transformation. “We, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord´s glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, wich comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit (2 Corinthians 3.18).

We need to see and experience the glory of God!

Contact with the glory of God changes us powerfully.

That was why the psalmist cried out:

O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you;

My soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you.

In a dry and weary land where there is no water.

I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory.

Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.

I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name

I will lift up my hands.

-Psalm 63:1-4

Por Equipo de Contenidos

http://reydereyes.sion.com